Friday 28 June 2024

Wednesday 26th June 2024

Third day of four days auditing, and my brain is melting, still. Eight hours a day concentrating on a screen, taking notes asking questions and so on, takes its toll.

And starting at seven in the morning doesn't help either, just over an hour to wake up and be ready, maybe have breakfast, but usually its just too early for anything else other than coffee.

From the bench Another stunning day dawned outside, and drinking the second coffee outside with Scully, I realise I could quite happily sit there all day and watch the garden.

But work called, and so at seven I join the meeting via Teams and the audit begins.

Or does it.

Seems that there is unhappiness at the nature of the meeting, managers claiming they didn't know they had to prioritise, so it was scrubbed. And so instead of audits, I had a day to catch up on other work.

One hundred and seventy eight I had breakfast sitting out with Scully, and watched as dozens of bees and wasps busied around the ten-foot high stem of the Echium pininana. I take a shot, and if you look carefully, you can see the bees.

There is always other stuff to fill time when I should be actually working, so new stain of chaos that was previously unknown, so it was that my time, and energy, was sucked dry.

There was football in the early evening too, the last four group games before a two day break, so between cooking dinner I catch the first game which kicked off at five. IN Group E, all teams had won one game each, so all four teams were tied on three points. Both games ended in draws, so goals scored counted, and Ukraine went home early.

In the evening, Georgia played, and bear, Portugal, and Ronaldo was very unhappy and got booked for a tantrum.

Which was nice.

No comments: