Wednesday 5 June 2024

Monday 3rd June 2024

Already, or holidays seem so long ago. Back at home, back at work, and chest deep in chaos.

My knee really did not enjoy Ham Fen on Sunday, and let me know the fact every time I moved during the night.

So it goes, so it goes.

I lay in to six, then up and shuffling round, getting ready to log on and do some actual work.

Once Windows updates had been installed and the computer restarted.

Twice.

And so on with the shit show.

The cats are all asleep, but sometimes Poppy comes down to roll around, wash her bum and blink at me until I feed her some more, and then she's off to bed.

Somehow I bought triple the amount of tomatoes at Tesco, so lunch was sliced tomatoes, balsamic drizzle, olive il, basil and warmed through bread with some left over salami on on.

Only thing missing was a glass of wine, which I would have loved, but thought not sensible.

The wind has turned to the north and brought a cool wind and clouds. Not that I would have gone out anyway, but some sun would have been nice.

One hundred and fifty five But the corncockles are beginning to flower and brighten up the lawnmeadow.

Jools still isn't well enough to go to aquafit, so I make fritters for when she comes home. But this time with added bacon.

England were in "action", playing Bosnia in a warm up for the Euros, was a dull game, but Engerland rattled in three late goals in the 2nd half, while I made a third of a bottle of whiskey disappear. As you do.

No comments: