Friday 7 June 2024

Thursday 6th June 2024

Mullein moth on Moth mullein.

Where else would one be? A couple of weeks back, Jools and I went to the garden centre in Alkham and we bought some plants, one was a Mullein, and on Thursday when looking to see who the rude man was swearing at the top of his voice, I noticed the Verbascum was looking a bit leafbare, and this was down to the five Mullein Moth caterpillars munching on it.

One hundred and fifty seven That apart, a quiet day with just work, and news of the thing I can't tell you about.

Yet.

A day of five meetings, little actually agreed upon and more impending disasters to ponder hoving into view over the horizon.

My knee is better, not that I am using ice packs on it, but my foot is now worse.

Sigh.

But Jools is much better.

So it goes, so it goes.

At one point, as I mentioned, there was a very sweary man, not sure if he was swearing at a woman, a horse or something else, but by the time I got to the street, it was all quiet again.

It was also the 6th June.

D Day.

And there was celebrations down in Dover Harbour, or on the quay beside the harbour.

We were to go down and meet Sean and Ange.

But the fine weather failed to appear, first John cried off, then Jen, and neither I or Jools was that bothered, and then the rain came down.

So, with nothing prepared for dinner, instead we drove to the Swingate for a curry just before six.

They had tables.

And curries.

And beers.

We ordered, were serves and ate all in just over an hour, so back home before quarter past seven.

Full of curry and curry spices.

No comments: