Tuesday 11 June 2024

Monday 10th June 2024

Monday.

And day of "the big event", details of which I cannot tell you because of stuff.

But it is big and was an event, or the second in a series of events.

And it went well.

I was told.

Which is nice. So, getting up I had a shower and put on a clean t shirt and jumper, all to look like I care about myself, and then have a coffee and prepare myself for the event.

So, in terms of the log, there were events before the event, after the event and then the event itself.

Which I can't talk about.

Outside it was sunny, but cool. Nearly cold, as the wind has set in the north and will be most of the week. I ponder with closing windows and putting the heating on, or maybe munching on some extra strong mints or something.

One hundred and sixty two I watched as two Goldfinches moved from the feeders into the beds near the house, picking seeds of the knapweed and other plants, all the time chirping to each other. On the feeders, magpies have trashed one by swinging on it to get the fat balls out, so a new one will be needed soon, as it is hanging in the hedge by luck.

Carduelis carduelis There is shop-bought chilli and rice for lunch, three bean chilli, and I warm some leftover focaccia to go with it, which worked.

And so to the afternoon, and time dragged. I spoke with Rune who is in Vietnam doing audits, and he wanted to vent after a long and bad flight, then no taxi to the hotel, a hotel that he discovered provided no breakfast.

I finish work, and with little preparation, I listen to podcasts until I put the three cheese bake in the oven and sliced the French stick we bought in Folkestone the day before.

I ate the bread, dipped in runny cheese, all washed down with a dumpy bottle of Chimay Grande Reserve 2022.

I know how to live.

And with me watching travelogues with Scully on the sofa, I opened the bottle of bourbon and sipped its sweet smoothness.

Double oaked I know how to live.

No comments: