Friday 14 June 2024

Wednesday 12th June 2024

Eton Mess.

The wait for news of the big event goes on.

And on.

What I can tell you is that this week is just a four day week with Friday off and meeting back up with my old boss and his wife, where I will be taking them on a guided tour round Canterbury.

I don't really have the days off to spare, but at the moment, almost anything is better than work, so I am off from five on Thursday.

Summer garden Two doors down are having clapboard attached to their house. They have painted the boards eggshell blue rather than white, so doesn't look right, but its their house. Its the same house that mows his lawn every three days and has their roof steam-cleaned once a year to get rid of moss.

I have work to do, and yet more chaos to uncover.

Sigh.

The day started off cool, cloudy and grey, but did warm up, but bugger the expense, I went round closing all the windows and putting the heating on.

Much better.

So, I was less cold, but about as productive.

Sun did get out in the afternoon, but was still cold. I took shots to prove it. That it was sunny, there were no icebergs to snap in the Channel I suspect.

Garlic bread Dinner was pan-fried asparagus, with sliced cheese and home-made garlic bread which was rather food, if a bit overcooked so very crumbly.

Jools bought some meringues from the Italian place at the weekend, and stopped off for cream and fruit to make Eton Mess. I added vanilla extract to the cream, and some melted berry sorbet at the end to the dish, and was perfect: sweet and sour.

One hundred and sixty four One more evening without football, and then there will be little else for four weeks.

You have been warned.

No comments: