Wednesday 26 June 2024

Tuesday 25th June 2024

Thanks to Brexit, shipments of beer from Belgium and wine from the rest of the EU are getting limited, also not helped by Sunak's new alcohol by volume stealth tax. Anyhoos, I got a mail last week that my supplier had a new shipment from Belgium, thirty seconds later I had spent nigh on a hundred quid on these and two big bottles of Chimay.

One hundred and seventy seven These came early in the afternoon of a day in which I spent another eight hours plus auditing.

As I am an auditor.

Up again at half five, coffee and breakfast, so online at half six, checking mails and being ready to start.

Another glorious day outside, unbroken sunshine, light winds and getting very warm to hot.

The morning passed well, so I had a good lunch, then began the afternoon's work, only for the Lords of Misrule to take over, and the audit turn into something else quite different.

By four, I was done, brain scrambled and had had enough.

Dinner was Caprese and bread bought by Jools on the way home, so I could hear next door to Bev and Steve's to watch the England game, hoping against hope it would be better.

It was betting, in the way it couldn't get any worse, so despite the game ending 0-0, England topped the group having scored twice in three games.

We did share some beers through the evening: one at 9.6% and then shared tw bottles of Chimay at 9%, by ten, I was more than ready for my bed, so made my excuses and wandered back home next door.

No comments: