Friday 20 August 2021

Thursday 19th August 2021

I usually talk very little of work, but these last few weeks to say I have become jaded would be an understatement. That, some seven months after joining the company, our calls for some training have finally been answered, so two hours of the day was to be on the processes and systems we should have already been working with.

There rests the problem.

A problem.

One of the problems.

And risnse and repeat.

Apart from that, I was more motivated, and began to get the tasks done i had been handbagging, mainly prompted by a couple of pointed e mails.

Vanessa cardui Anyway, I caught up through the day, and felt better about work, and then there was an audit at one of the Danish blade factories; heck, that even went well.

So I could relax at half three, report written and ready to review and send off on Friday.

It was another cool and cloudy summer day, one of apparently dozens this year. The clouds did clear at times, and butterflies filled the air, flocking to our garden to feeds on the flowers. I ran around taking shots.

Vanessa atalanta Also, in a corner of the lawnmeadow where the mower couldn't reach, a small group of Harebells is showing and flowering. We bought some plug plants two or three years back, but the heatwave (ha!) then meant that we thought they all pretty much died, I think Jools planted one that seemed it might make, and so it did. A joy to see the little fairy bells, bobbing in the breeze.

Two hundred and thirty one Other than that, not much to report if I'm honest.

For dinner I cook up some fusion cooking, the rare and unusual Anglo-Canadian stylee: bangers with mash flavoured with some salted herbs and mushrooms and mini corn flavoured with preserved garlic flowers. And some fresh corn too. With lots of pepper.

Oh my.

Delicious.

And a leftover banger each and some mash to have warmed up for a slightly dirty breakfast in the morning.

Thursday night is PU night on Marc Riley, so I listen to that, watch the football scores from across Europe before darkness chased me and my bed called me at nine.

No comments: