Tuesday 15 February 2022

Monday 14th February 2022

Valentine's Day.

Apparently.

For us it was Monday.

Usually follows Sundays, but sometimes we hope there will be change.

Even when I get up at twenty past five, there is a hint of light in the south east, and being a fine day, Venus hung bright to the south and stars were fading in the brightening sky.

I hoped to go out for a walk, but I had a lot of meetings ahead.

It happens.

Jools is a blur of energy, doing squats and the like while I sip my first coffee.

Jools then goes out for a walk, and I am setting up the office when she comes back, changes her boots for shoes and is gone.

Bye.

I start work, and get down to writing the new procedure, ready to present it later to some senior management.

And that's where the problem was: another group has been looking into this too, and instead of it being "my baby", it is to be "our baby", and there is a workshop to go to next week, if I could arrange travel.

Forty five I was and still am disappointd, that I was tasked with a job only to find someone else was doing it too. This is not the first time it has happened and gives the impression of an organisation not in control.

There seems little point in doing any more to the procedure, as it is now could be moot.

So, I take calls and speak to friends through the rest of the day, time crawls, but it does pass, and by the time I was done, outside it clouded over some.

Lungwort I didn't go for a walk in the end.

However the mostly clear skies mean it was light when Jools returned home from work at half five.

Dinner is easy peasy: pizza, but we skip beer/cider and have squash, but do follow that with coffee and the final two mince pies made over the weekend.

Christmas is over.

There was some Football League to watch on Sky, so I settle down with some pork scratchings and sloe gin.

No comments: