Thursday 10 February 2022

Wednesday 9th February 2022

Sometime, you get the wind in your sails and actually get stuff done.

Which comes as much as a surprise to me as it does to you, dear readers.

I did manage to sleep through the alarm, the kettle boiling, the cats being fed and only woke up when Jools when for a shower.

It was ten past six.

I had just 50 minutes to wake up, get up, get dressed and after aving coffee, commute from one dining room chair to the one next door.

I only just did it in time.

Phew.

I set up the office, then sit, stunned, staring at the screen and think of the task ahead. I took half an hour before deciding on starting with a blank work document.

An early springtime walk Thought a moment, and typed the title.

Pressed (save)

First secton: purpose.

Second section: scope.

And I was away.

By lunch I had first half of the document done and the framework for the rest. My only guidance from my boss had been to keep it simple.

An early springtime walk That is always my plan.

I am in such a good mood with the day going so well, I decide to go for a walk.

I put on my coat and grab a couple of cameras and after putting on my boots, I was off down the road to Station Road, snapping the spring flowers on the verge by the house at the end of the street.

An early springtime walk I walk up the down to the first track, and turn past the war memorial. Underfoot the groun was so firm as to be almost summer-like, though there were no more wild flowers to see. I was always going to cut the walk short at the end of the paddock. But I spot a bird on a fence thirty years away, I saw a buzzard there a few weeks back, but this was smaller. It was a kentral, and as I edge nearer, it takes off and dashes off over the field.

Forty I get home, make some toast and a brew, and am back at work in half an hour and no one had missed me, apparently.

Later, once the sun set, dinner was to be special: steak and ale pie, roast potatoes, steamed veg and lashings of beef gravy from Sunday dinner.

An early springtime walk I have it ready for sox, when Jools is home. I have some wine, then dish up. A feast for the eyes. And stomach.

For the evening there was the delight of the resumption of the Prem, with Norwich playing host to Palace who had thrashed us some 46 days earlier.

Norwich scored from kick off, 38 seconds, and dominated the first half but failed to score further. In the second half, Palace improved and we tired, so it was no surprise when Palace levelled. Minutes later they won a penalty, but Saha missed. Badly.

So the game ended up a 1-1 draw.

Just the small matter of Citeh next at the Carra.

No comments: