Tuesday 9 January 2024

Monday 8th January 2023

The first full week at work for the year.

Monday.

I had hoped the good feelings that saw last week would carryon through this, but the follow up meeting showed that the person whose literal job it was to take the lead, would not do so.

This put a downer on me all day, and prevented me really from ever getting going again.

Sadly.

Outside the weather went from cold and grey to cold and grey with frequent sleet then snow showers, though what did settle melted between showers.

Tis the season During the worse of it, not quite blizzard conditions, i took some shots from the back door looking down into the valley and the village beyond.

But it was too cold to stay taking snaps for long.

So I came back inside and made a fresh hot brew and went back staring at my work computer looking for inspiration.

Which failed to come.

With Jools doing aquafit again in the evening, we wouldn't have a meal, but I did bake a batch of mince pies with last year's left over mincemeat, which I found was vegan!

Eight I didn't know that was a thing, but was OK.

Once Jools left, I put on the cup game, Wigan v Man Utd, and Wigan could and maybe should have taken the lead in the first three minutes.

They didn't really get another chance, and it all looked a little easy for Utd.

Either way, ten minutes from time, with Jools home, I gave up and went to bed.

Joined soon by Cleo who snuggled up

No comments: