Thursday 4 January 2024

Tuesday 2nd January 2024

And so begins my last full year in gainful employment.

I hope so.

Its not that I don't like work, but work without satisfaction, or the feeling you're doing anything that makes a difference.

Well. It's hard.

Also hard to get the enthusiasm to switch the laptop on and try to remember the password to log on, and then wait as various updates are downloaded, as well as the Outlook inbox populated.

I had stuff to do, which was fine, and I spoke to colleagues, then just before lunch, my second ocular migraine in two days hit.

Jools had an extra day off, so was back from swimming, outside the rain poured down and the wind blew. Again.

I thought that a trip out, resting my eyes from computer screens would help, so we should go into Deal to get our COVID boosters. The road into Ringwould was just about passable, with standing water at the lowest part of the road at Oxney Bottom.

We parked at Sainsbury's, and hurried over the main road to the chemist, only to be told they stopped doing jabs last Saturday, but the one in the high street should be able to sort us out.

Two Into the teeth and claws of the gale, with rain thrown into our faces, we walk down to where we got our last booster, and inside, in the dry, we were confirmed we qualified and so after filling in a form, we were jabbed up, so could go home.

We bought some supplies in Sainsbury's, including a cook at home Chinese meal for two, which we ate once inside and had warmed it up.

I felt drained.

So, I wen to bed to lay down and promptly had three hours sleep, waking just before six with Jools putting on the kettle before she went to aquafit.

I sat at the table for two hours until she came back, not having done much to be honest, but as ever there was football on: West Ham v Brighton, which was without doubt the worse game of the season. But I stuck the course, even through supper of cheese and crackers.

To bed at half nine, still drained and tired.

No comments: