Friday 26 January 2024

Thursday 25th January 2024

Time to get serious.

Thursday morning dawned with fog. Lots of fog.

And as I said before, not sure when mist gets thick enough to become fog. I'm sure its all about how far you can see and all that. But, anyway, foggy or thick mist, shrouded the house, hiding us from the rest of the village and world.

Twenty five But work waits for no one, and Jools had a presentation to finish, so was off early to work, about quarter past six, just as I was getting up.

So we passed very fast, like ships in the car or cars in a contraflow system.

I was to give a presentation at midday to process owners, where I was to tell them, in effect, they had screwed up and not done their job. It was also my chance to really expand an issue some three years old and get it noticed.

Misty morning And all down to me.

I wound myself up into a bundle of nervous energy, and I think when the time came, spoke at 100mph, but did the job. And all agreed the problem is indeed a problem.

I have an audit to do before we go away, and the first part was to be Thursday afternoon. I thought it was going to be more of the same, but to my amazement, all was pretty much under control.

And that was that.

Dinner was Carbonara, as we had over half a loaf of focaccia left over. So I beat eggs and cooked pasta before rendering the pork cheek and combining.

St Feuillien Grand Cru It was magnificent. As always, as was the St Feuillien Grand Cru which I had instead of wine. And at 9.5%, almost as good as a wine!

And that was your, or rather, my Thursday

No comments: