Thursday 18 January 2024

Wednesday 17th January 2024

Middle of the week, and weatherwise, supposed to be the worst, with a snow storm moving eastwards across northern France, which was due to miss us, but the wind could change.

Instead of snow, we were to get some sleet, maybe rain. Whilst still being grey and cold.

It was that.

Again, Jools didn't go swimming first thing, so we failed to set the alarm and so slept in until gone six.

This gave me an hour to get my shit together and be ready for work. But as no one really checks, not stressed about it to be honest.

Seventeen There is the resumed argument regarding an audit agenda, this has been going on and off for a good two years, if not more.

And I am a little bit fed up with it.

So there was that to deal with, and the beginning of the year admin for the department, though this time with our new boss. Or manager.

Three back to back meetings and somehow it was ten already, I had nothing for lunch, so raided the fridge for some Tesco breaded chicken, and to go with it I made some cheesy white sauce and a home made naan bread.

Was much better than it has the right to be to be honest.

And there was plenty of sauce and dough for both our dinners on Thursday.

Eating so well did mean I was pretty snoozy, and once work ended and I looked outside, some kind of weather was falling from the low, dark clouds.

No walking for me, then.

I listen to the radio, and have no dinner to prepare as we were going out.

Out in the sense that Jools was going to the Lighthouse for her first book club meeting, and I was going to go to the Freed Man for some beer and to read.

That planned changed after we inched past the bar and I saw the manager wasn't on duty, so instead Jools dropped me off at the Berry in Walmer, which would have more space and good light for reading.

And they would have Harvey's Old on draught.

Which they did.

Over the course of just over an hour I made three more disappear, before Jools came back to rescue me and take us to the chippy for our supper of chips and battered sausage, which we brought home to eat.

Harvey's Old And so we ate whilst listening to the radio as Norwich replayed against Bristol Rovers in the cup, running out 3-1 winners in the end to set up a 4th round game at Anfield next week against that Liverpool.

No comments: