Friday 5 January 2024

Thursday 4th January 2024

For the last 13 months i have been dealing with an issue at work.

Huge issue that should not have happened.

Raised it at the beginning of last year.

And that's when the tumbleweed blew through.

Each week, month has been the same old story: no news, no action.

Nada.

On top of that, my last task of last year was to send off audit reports for the work done, this I did just before switching off for the break as someone in the list of recipients has criticised everything I have done, and complained to my boss's boss.

So, I had low hopes for the start of the year.

Thursday dawned bright and golden, the kind of morning that holds the promise of spring is coming, maybe even here.

The garden is full of green shoots, birds are singing and the sky, cloudless.

Sadly, the forecast was for cloud later.

Then rain.

Then storm-force winds.

Again.

I should have gone for a walk, but, you know, work got in the way, so I knuckled down and tried to focus.

I did go out to snap some colour again in the garden, and in the wildlife pond, the transplanted duck weed is spreading well.

Four Which is nice.

And then to the afternoon meetings, where for the first one, my soon to be ex-boss tells my bĂȘte noir has sent a glowing letter of thanks for my audit report, clarity of it and the good findings.

And then the meeting where in the space of twenty minutes, we all stopped pulling in different directions and instead agreed solutions and people responsible.

Quite the best day I have had at work since we rejoined the big company.

I turned off the laptop for the day, lest a rogue e mail might spoil it.

I cooked sausage rolls for dinner, all freshly out of the oven when Jools came home, which was then followed by brews and a generous slice of Christmas cake.

And to end, sit on the sofa with Scully watching the Palace v Everton game on the tellybox. Not bad.

No comments: