Friday 5 January 2024

Wednesday 3rd January 2024

After a week of back to back storms, Wednesday dawned with clear skies and almost no wind.

The sun was good, but the silence was something else.

The howling wind had been so omnipresent since before New Year, you get used to it.

Now it is gone, leaving only the heavy silence.

I shouldn't complain, in Denmark they had nearly three feet of snow in places, folks trapped in their cars on the motorway for 24 hours.

Three We had. This.

At least for a while.

My head was still woolly from the migraine the day before. It took me a good half hour to get out of bed, and then an hour before logging on for work.

Grimbergen Hiver By then, Jools had left for work for her first day of the year, meaning it was me and the cats. Again.

Enthusiasm was in short supply for me, and my colleagues. Change is coming next week, and that is rarely for the better. And it won't, at least at first.

I should have made some bread for lunch, but instead defrosted some Boston beans and crispbakes.

Outside the sun shone, and I really should have gone out, but wasn't really in the mood, and by the time I felt guilty about it, it was too late and was getting dark. I did got out to take some shots in the garden. Spring bulbs were showing well, and these daffodils look only a couple of week from flowering, though there is to be colder weather next week.

Leffe Hiver And for the evening, there wasn't any football anywhere to break up the silence, so we watched Digging for Britain with Dr Alice whilst drinking our cuppa and resting the steak and red wine pie we had for supper.

No comments: