Thursday 25 January 2024

Wednesday 24th January 2024

Half past week, and another day of wind, rain showers and, oddly, lots of work.

The days drag and yet fly by, so it is Wednesday now, and I am catching up at work once again.

If I'm not careful, I'll catch my tail.

We lay in until gone six again, but this time Jools is back up first, feeding the cats and making drinks. While I try to work out how to put my trousers on.

We have received the final documentation and information regarding the holiday next week, so all set to go. Just keeping an eye on a video channel from Iceland and any news on more eruptions.

Nothing so far.

As well as work, the day is filled with making a fresh batch of ragu and a bowl of focaccia dough. Once the preparation work was done first ting, it was two of three minutes each hour to either stir or fold and turn.

Sometime, good food just takes time, and while working from home. The fine smells filling the house.

For the bolognese sauce, I made it with tomato puree and passata, which game the finished dish a dark red colour and deeper flavour.

The additional time allowed the focaccia dough a couple, at least, fold and turns, and using strong white flour meant a smoother, lighter finished dough, and once cooked full of air bubbles with a satisfying crunchy crust.

Once Jools came home, I boiled the pasta and served, and it was glorious, although with delicious fresh bread, the temptation was to eat more than was needed.

When cooking still, I wet my whistle with another new Belgian beer, but this was weak and lacking in flavour at "only" 5.5%.

Twenty four For the evening, I followed Norwich away at Dirty Leeds, an altogether different team from previous years, and managed by dear Daniel now too. We lost by the single goal, but the lack of shots and touches in the opponent's box is still a concern.

No comments: