Saturday 28 March 2020

Friday 27th March 20120

Friday comes, and as usual, Jools has the day off. But can't go to yoga or to the new pool because of the virus.

So, we wake up as normal, and after coffee she heads to Tesco for some supplies, whilst I go to do another session on the cross trainer, the last of the week, then have a shower and get dressed.

I am already logged onto our daily catch up meeting when Jools returns, she has hunter/gathered toilet paper, flour, pasta and eggs.

We are good for a month now, maybe six weeks. She said people were being sensible as they are limiting numbers in the shop and what can be bought, or the numbers in which they can be bought.

There is no new news, just repeating of old news. But we're all healthy, fairly happy, though some have cabin fever. I learn that bars are still open in Denmark, though that is to change.

We finish, go to meetings, or in my case stare at my Outlook inbox lest someone mails me. I check on the new manual to see if anyone had left comments I could respond to. But no.

Time drags.

Jools goes out to do the garden, plant seeds, leaving me in the house to wait. And listen to podcasts, the first one being the previous night's parallel universe that I slept through in bed.

Day of the triffids It is not so sunny outside, and the wind is cold. My back is having a bad day, so I don't join Jools on a walk to the Dip and beyond. I know I should have, but I didn't feel I could make it. Over the weekend the wind will pick up, so will be colder, so the attraction of staying in will increase.

I do make a sourdough starter, I heat milk, add yogurt and leave it. I hope to make bread next weekend. Let us see?

Eighty seven At two I am done with work for the week, I pack the office away and make a brew, which we drink on the bottom patio whilst eating chocolate biscuits. Living the dream.

We go back in as it is really too cold, and the birds who want to use the feeders were making such a racket.

Steak and ale pie for dinner, with veggies, roast potatoes and Yorkshire puddings. I also open another bottle of the elderberry wine from 2015. My head spins.

Imperial There is Rick Stein on TV at seven, travelling through France, sampling wonderful food and wine. Making us wish we could go there and then. One day, maybe in the summer when this madness is over?

That is followed by Monty, trying to sound normal, but even gardening is impacted.

And just like that, another day is done. It is now the weekend when even less is expected to happen.

Stay tuned for the next exciting installment.

No comments: