Sunday 29 March 2020

Saturday 28th March 2020

For the past few years I had hoped one year seeing orchids in flower in March. This year its actually happened, and I can't get out to look for them. In the cosmic scale of things, its not a biggie.

We could have gone out. Left early, parked beside the wood, had a walk round and be back in time for breakfast, but that would make us one of the greedy stupid people, and I tell myself I'm not one of those.

So we stay home.

And the weather seems to be making this easier, as despite it being officially spring, the wind did blow, and it was mighty cold.

So, for the most part we looked at the day through the windows of the house.

Jools did chores most of the day, spring cleaning what with it being spring, and due to a minor ailment, I lazed around feeling sorry for myself. As I am wont to do on occasion.

It was a "rest day" so no phys. And there had even been croissants at Tesco on Friday, so we feasted well for breakfast.

Snake down Entertainment was mainly the radio, at least for the morning, as the schedule had been rejigged, so we did our stuff while the radio burbled away.

After ham rolls for lunch, we began to watch Picard on Amazon Prime.

One episode.

Two episodes.

Coffee.

Chocolate biscuits.

Third episode.

More coffee.

More radio.

Eighty eight Dinner. Dinner was courgette fritters, now with added cheese. And they came out the best yet. I opened another bottle of wine, 2011 hedgerow vintage, and wasn't too sure. Sure enough to have two glasses, but not sure enough to save the rest of the bottle.

More Picard.

Uckers.

The wind blew, the sun set and another day in the Jelltex house drew to a close.

Ended with reading in bed.

No comments: