Saturday 7 March 2020

Friday 6th March 2020

First day of the weekend. For Jools.

And as I still have to work on this day of the week, despite my not very subtle hints to my boss, I have five hours of meetings in the six hours of work.

Deep joy.

And being Friday, Jools was up at five to be ready to leave the house at six to get to yoga class. I snooze on to nearly six, so that by the time I am up and about, Jools had made me a coffee and was heading out to class.

See you later.

And I gird my loins once again and go up to do yet another session on the cross trainer, though being Friday just the one and the very last of the week. It would have been easy to say, oh me legs hurt and skip it, but I get it done.

And just the one session means I could have a nice early shower and be all clean and fresh for work.

And then to work, I realise there is a meeting starting at eight, and I did not have time to make breakfast, so I join needing coffee and breakfast. So sit there, stewing, whilst four auditors talk about auditors. I am rescued at quarter past nine as Jools couldn't go swimming as there was a gala on, so she made me a coffee before she put the shopping away.

A real life saver.

The meeting is brought to a close, so I could join another meeting.

I tell my boss this is what my life was life on operations, meetings, meetings, meetings, and no time for actual work. And I am all caught up, and so she is pleased.

I have 40 minutes in which to squeeze breakfast and more coffee in before another meeting. 90 more minutes talking about audits. Who knew audits could be so interesting. Said. No one. Ever.

Jools comes home, makes lunch and yet another brew. We auditors carry on talking.

And all work was done by half one, giving us half an hour to get to the showroom, as it was time we picked up the car.

We are in a position where we don't have to sell the old car, so we are a two car family, if only for a while. So, I drive the Corsa to Canterbury, through Thannington to the showroom.

Sixty six We walk in, past a car covered in a dist sheet; some kind of new model we both thought. We were asked to take a seat, so sat with those waiting for their cars to be repaired or serviced.

Then we were collected: did you see your car? we were asked.

The great unveiling No.

Did you look over there, she said pointing towards the shrouded car. Beside it was a sign welcoming us to collect our car.

Do you want to unveil it?

The great unveiling Yes, and I will take photos. To no-one's surprise.

One, two, three. Go.

And there it is, all gleaming blue metal and paint.

The great unveiling Just sign here. Here. And here.

But, I have to go, to go back to Dover to collect my new glasses, so Jools will drive the new car home. I leave her being shown how the car works. Seems like its not magic.

The great unveiling Anyway, I drive back to the A2 then along to Dover, park at the town hall, walk to the shop and wait some more.

I am presented with a pair of varifocals, and these will take some getting used to, I was told.

The great unveiling That done, I drive home to wait for Jools.

And wait.

And wait.

She had gone into Canterbury, apparently.

In the new car.

She comes home at half five, time then to cook dinner, as we admire our new toy huddled in the car port as dusk descended.

Dinner was chorizo hash. And wine.

And was good.

I mean it is a fine meal, and has vegetables. So healthy, and red wine counts as one of your five a day. Or five a day as I drain the third glass.

Cheers.

Shall we go out for an evening drive? No, we shall save that for tomorrow.

Two weeks until the return of the Don, King Monty, so once that happens, spring would have arrived!

No comments: