Tuesday 17 March 2020

Monday 16th March 2020

Back to the working week.

But this week no one is in the office in Aarhus, they are working from home to be in compliance with a directive from their Government.

I can no more sociably isolated than I am working from home. I could sit in a different chair at the table I suppose. There's me and there's the cats.

Jools is about early, and I sleep though the alarm. I wake with it being almost daylight, yet is only quarter to six. I stomp around so Jools knows I am so she will put the coffee pot on.

Which is what she does.

And when she is gone, I do a session on the cross trainer; pump. pump. pump.

And when it is done, my legs complain. Wait until this afternoon, I tell them.

I am all set up and plugged in for quarter to eight and the start of our weekly update meeting, if the others turned up. They do, and we discuss the few issues we have, as work has just about dried up now, just I did an audit last week so we discussed the findings and the meeting ended.

Scully comes in with a bird. A Chiffchaff, still alive. She lets it go, so we both run from one end of the living room trying to catch it. I finally throw a tea towel over it, scoop it up and take it back outside. It flies to the hedge, where it sits, stunned, for a few minutes allowing me to gram a couple of macro shots.

Seventy six Outside, suddenly, Spring had arrived. I went out at regular intervals, to take shots and see what was growing, and whether the frogspawn was showing signs of life. It wasn't, but lets see.

The Snakeshead Fritillaries were opening, four of the strong ones in the old wheelbarrow opened the same morning, and now the red chequered ones and pure white ones danced in the warm breeze. Birds sang, and the Imperialis filled the garden with their heady scent. It seemed criminal to have to go back inside to work. But I do.

Spring has arrived I get a message from Jools; she is tired so won't be going to yoga, but not enough time to get something out of the freezer, so we will just have to slum it with chorizo hash. Bummer.

The afternoon passes and the sky clouds over. I was going to do some gardening, but Jools coming home early put paid to that. Not that I mind.

Potatoes are sliced, diced and boiled, then at half five, onions and peppers fried and then put to one side. Next it the chopped chorizo, again fried on olive oil and kept warm on the side while the potatoes are added to the hot oil and fried until crispy. I time it perfectly and it is ready when Jools walks into the house, so I dish up, pour the wine and we sit down to eat.

And that is it. We talk long about the virus and the lies the Government spreads and even though they're proved to be lies and liars, the are no consequences. When are we going to revolt?

No comments: