Friday 20 March 2020

Thursday 19th March 2020

Day four in the Jelltex house, and the inmate is going a little stir crazy.

Only, I'm not. Really.

I am an only child, of two only children. I have always been alone, with few friends. My inner monologue is always way ahead of reality. I am lucky I suppose, that in these changed times, my working life has changed little. I work at the dining room table, with little interruptions other than the cats and the postman. I know that come the weekend or the evenings I can either drive or walk to the countryside.

I am doing well.

And there is music.

And there is crappy daytime TV.

And I can stand fr hours watching the birds in the back garden. Work is a mere distraction.

People ask me how I am. I feel better than I have for years. I have been exercising since the second week of January, and feel tip top. I am now doing two session most days, about to increase the resistance and have started using the new headphones I bought in Germany four years back. The spotty kid was right, sound are incredible on them. I was shouting the words to Life on Mars during the morning session, God knows what the neighbours thought. Jim, there;s been a murrrrrderrrr.

Highlight of the day is when the postman comes. I know he is due as next door's dog, Indy, barks like hell. The I see the chap all dressed in hi vis cradling to day's bills and junk.

I check it, junk the junk, deal with the important stuff, and get back to work.

But, to Thursday.

Back on the cross trainer, and first of two sessions and all ready, the office set up and cooled down by the time of the daily briefing from our boss at half seven.

Its more of a social thing, we swap news and compare how good/bad our countries are doing. In the end I wish I lived in Denmark, as they seem on top of things.

Anyway.

On to work, and breakfast.

Seventy nine The morning slips by, outside it is cold, misty and grey. I take some shots of dew covered plants and leaves, then go back inside to warm up.

Lunch is lentil soup out of a can, from the Brexit stockpile. It is OK, but need toast and marmalade to follow, for the sugar fix.

Pearly dewdrop drops The radio burbles away. I am re-listening to old Desert Island Discs, and the Tom Hanks one is so special. Only 1999 more to listen to.....

As the afternoon gives way to evening, I do another session on the cross trainer, then have a shower and put on fresh clean clothes.

That's better.

Dinner is home made nachos. Home made apart from the chips and cheese and sour cream. THe salsa is home made. Except the tomatoes which are tinned. But the rest is home made.

And it is splendid.

Takes more time to grate the cheese than cook the cheese topped chips later.

Yummy.

And to the evening, the start of Jools' weekend, we have the radio on, read and do beads.

Come nine, we are tired and Scully is meowing loudly about needing someone to snuggle up to in bed. Who are we to argue?

No comments: