Tuesday 3 March 2020

Getting some in part 17

Dateline:28th April 1991, AWM 218, RAF Cosford.

Dear Mum and Dad,

I hope you are both well. It is Sunday night and time has dragged badly today. I'm afraid to say I got very drunk both Friday and Saturday night, played football yesterday though. I also watched lots of videos, including Gremlins 2, Fabulous Baker Boys to name just two. Most of the course stayed here over the weekend, as money is very tight.

To be honest, there isn't much news. We are on guard again tomorrow. Forecast is for heavy rain.

Oh goody.

We also have more consolidation this week. then final exam Friday. 5 more weekends here, I just counted. I can't wait to get away from here, it really gets you down after a while. Its always the same, getting into the same ruts week after week. I know it will change, and really its not too bad. It should be better once we get onto practical work, all on aircraft. Seems pretty pointless as none of us on the course is posted to a squadron.

Consolidation means working over the airfield, early morning marches over there, no newspapers from the NAAFI and mail a day late, but no more PT!

I am looking forward to coming home next weekend.

I think that's it, see you on Friday,

Ian

No comments: