Tuesday 10 March 2020

Monday 9th March 2020

And to the start of the working week. Again.

Wondering what it would be like to not to have to work, would I get bored? Would I miss my friends and colleagues? Probably.

But each morning the dawn is ever earlier, meaning as I lay in bed at five fifteen I could see the cool blue light of dawn getting stronger.

Jools is up and about, Scully is fed and comes back up to bed to cuddle up to me until I knew I had to get up, lest I burst.

Jools was so busy, getting ready for work, I just had to sip the cup of coffee waiting and check the interwebs for news.

Jools left at half six, and I go straight to the cross trainer, as according to my Outlook Calendar, I had a meeting at eight, and best not to be late.

Hyacinth So I do 20 more monutes, cool down, prepare breakfast and make a second coffee, switch the lap top on and I am working away at half seven, all caught up and ready for the meeting at five to eight. Imagine my surprise when no one else turned up; I wait for what seems like a reasonable amount of time. Well over half an hour. And as my status will appear that I am busy, I make a fresh brew and a slice of toast and marmalade.

Sixty nine Then look at other work.

As you do.

It is a fine and glorious morning in east Kent, so much so that I go out to take pictures before the cloud was due to roll in. Scully comes out to keep an eye on me, because I suspect I was acting all suspicious.

A bee resting Back to work, and through till lunchtime when I make corned beef sandwiches with Danish remoulade and crispy friend onions, as something of Danish cuisine must have rubbed off on me. I still will not eat rollmops, mind.

Daff I'd rather eat raw fish, or sushi.

He said.

I work some more, then with the work of the day petering out, and the house like a fridge as the heating wasn't on; my fault, I go to do another session on the cross trainer, have a shower and get dressed whilst smelling of sweet things.

Bejewelled The day was almost over, but Jools was at late session of yoga, and not sue to be back home until half seven. So I watch some documentaries on the i player, before mixing up a batch of home made stir fry sauce.

Another triffid I cook the stir fry, add the sauce and king prawns once Jools was home, and we eat well, if late. And by the time we tidy up and make a final coffee for the day, it was eight in the evening, so time to watch the Leicester v Villa game. And Villa playing very much like Norwich, and so lost 4-0.

No comments: