Sunday 13 December 2020

And on and on we go

The second phone call happened and Johnson and Van der Leyen agreed to allow talks to continue with no deadline.

Apart from the 31st December, and bear in mind some kind of ratification would be needed.

Will the UK accept terms, or not?

Some are expecting an agreement just before Christmas, this being heralded as some kind of major win for Johnson. Wouldn't surprise me, but I don't think so, this time. This is where Brexit and reality meet and merge into one, no escape, no more kicking stones into the long grass. Just dealing with the consequences.

I still don't know if I'll need a visa to travel to head office in the new year, not that there'll be much travelling for a while, of course.

One questions I have been asked, should we forgive those who voted for Brexit?

I think those who voted for Brexit, with the lies told assuring all that this was a no risk event, no downsides, just considerable upsides, well maybe. But after that, people still voted for May in 2017 and Johnson last year. Like people were willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. Of course, the alternative was Uncle Jez, someone who half his own party hated. He would have been better than Johnson, I can say that.

Forgive the lied to, not the liars. We are told.

It took me a few days to do research and find what a fucking disaster Brexit was going to be, I find it had to think others could not have done the same. And Johnson's record as London Mayor should have warned people: that Garden Bridge (its always bridges or airports for Johnson) or the water cannon that couldn't be used. What did he suggest last year; a bridge from Scotland to Northern Ireland, even though the geology would have made it impossible.

Most people have no idea how difficult, expensive a lot of things are going to be in the new year. In fairness, many folks have been busy trying to stay alive or keep a roof above their heads this year. I fear for what is coming next year, I mean imagine all this and a depression sized economic downturn? And all egged on by the leaders of the Conservative Party and current Government. They do know a good part of what is coming, and the question I ask myself is what is in it for them? To cause so much pain, chaos and death, and for them to press down on the accelerator.

I hope they think it was worth it.

I hope they all end up in the Tower of London where all the traitors go, because that is what they are, doing such damage to our country and its people.

No comments: