Wednesday 16 December 2020

Tuesday 15th December 2020

Another day.

It is a very odd time. Not only COVID, not only Brexit, but the reality of the impending takeover. I say imending, but its already happened, our little company, OK not so little company, is being wound up. Uncertainty is everywhere.

To make matters worse, our new head of Global Quality invited us all for a meeting explain the set up, but managed to spell my five initial e mail name wrong, so I never got the invite. What did I think of the meeting I was asked later. What meeting?

Turns out I wasn't the only one, but still.

And then there was a recording of the meeting we were told. I sit down to watch it, and the recording is 55 seconds long.

Sigh.

I am very good at putting things off, but with the number of working days left now being able to be counted on the thumbs on one hand: three, I had better get going and finish the admin from the audit last week. As usual, the reality was far easier than the thought of it sugguested.

Other than that, it was another day working from home: up before the larks, coffee, more coffee followed by more coffee. After the early morning being filled with several cats, they go to bed or go out chasing bords, and its all very quiet.

Cleo Jools leaves, her boss is on holiday, so she is doing the work of two. And appologising for the poor job he does.

So it goes.

I plough on.

I have my first one to one with my new boss. Though she may only be my boss until the end of January, as I could be moved on as part of the department or to a new dpeartment or have no job at all.

We talk for an hour, she is happy with me and the job the department does, and I am not more worried at the end of the meeting, so that's a good sign. I think.

I have brunch of a small ham sandwich and more coffee as it seems to be what my body wants.

The day drags on, I could have gone for a walk, but it clouds over and its not that warm, so I don't.

More bales I pack up at four. Things have been quiet, I don't have much to do for dinner as it is to be defrosted, and warmed, ragu with pasta and garlic bread. I potter around and all is ready to cook when Jools gets home.

Three hundred and fifty But at just gone five I get a call from Jools that traffic is mad out there, each day the line of trucks getting to the port and tunnel is worse, and I see from the traffic radar there are jams on both the A20 and A2. She might be some time. We suspect this will be the new normal.

The new normal I hold on cooking until she gets home, then spring into action, it takes 15 minutes.

It is glorious, served with the pasta and garlic bread. I wash that down with another Christmas beer.

On the third day of Christmas It is good.

The evening is taken with football and lostening to music on the radio. As the footy was on Amazon, I have to watch on the tablet, which kind of works.

It is another quiet evening, such is life in the time of COVID.

No comments: