Thursday 10 December 2020

Wednesday 9th December 2020

I felt ill when I got up on Tuesday.

The mayounnaise thing didn't help.

I could have gone to bed at seven that night, might have been better if I had.

Anyway, I woke up Wednesday, feeling little better. I decide it's a rest day, so no phys.

I am not hungry, either, so just drink coffee. Three coffees before work, given the chance I would have gone to bed.

Just my luck, then, that was the only day I had a meeting I could not avoid, an audit of a new site in the north east, and a request from two directions to carry it out.

I had little choice.

On with work.

I make a cuppa, have a glass of water in case I have a coughing fit, and bought a bag or rhubarb and custards to soothe my throat in case I did a lot of talking.

Three hundred and forty four At nine I was ready to go, all the other joined the Teams meeting, and on we go.

Six hours later, I was done, spaced and just to tired, so I log off, and have a tea and try to find something to watch. I find a video of a Shinkansen cab ride, and all seems exciting, but after ten minutes and the train got out of Tokyo, ad the train sped up, the lines went to a vanishing point, with walls on both sides of the line, it was all rather boring.

Why won't the birds come? Did I just say that?

I did.

Dinner was to be simple, burgers in rolls and beers.

I could wait until late before starting to cook, so the patties were nearly done when Jools came in. I dish up with fresh onion and melted cheese. And beer.

The evening was spent watching Norwich on the tellybox playing Forest. Closer than it should have been, and we sneak it with a deflected goal in the last ten minutes to go three points clear at the top of the table, and in the middle of an injury crisis too.

No comments: