Monday 7 December 2020

Sunday 6th December 2020

Another day of the weekend, so what to do with it?

Although grey and miserable, it was least less windy, so a walk might be nice again, but where?

A walk in Dover Well, Dover.

OK, won't be muddy, things to see and might see someone we know.

A walk in Dover Great.

Now, I am usually up at the crack of dawn, if not before, but Sunday I lay in bed until twenty past seven. ALMOST SUPPER TIME!

A walk in Dover Now we were all behind, so we have coffee.

Second coffee and criossants, then wash up and get ready to out, and I had my new shoes to try on.

A walk in Dover I had tried one on in the shop, not bothering with the second or tying the laces of the one I did, what could go wrong? Well, I bought size 11s, as my feet are somewhere between a ten and an eleven, but these were generous in width, so once on I had to tie them tighter and tighter to keep them on my feet.

A walk in Dover We drove down to the harbour and parked along the promenade, though the two cruise ships I had been hoping to snap had left, in fact no ferries were there either.

A walk in Dover Which meant we would be walking to the pier once again.

At first it was pleasant. A few people about as we walked to the promenade and then along to the watersports centre and to the start of the pier.

A walk in Dover It had a few people on, but not that many.

But unlike Deal Pier which had keep left arrows, the Prince of Wales Pier didn't. But surely people would use their common sense and keep left?

A walk in Dover Not much common sense on display.

About 90% did keep left, but one dog walker kept to the right, ignoring all those coming towards her who had to get out of the way. And then there was me who did not move, so she had to stop.

She glared at me.

I walked on shaking my head.

We reached the end, I took a shot looking back and we turned for land, again taking the left hand side, and not so much of an issue this time. Until we got back on land.

Three hundred and forty one People had woken up, had breakfast and were now out, in multi-generational groups, unmasked and taking up nearly the whole of the prom. It was all so greedy.

Jools went to look in a shop, so I watched as groups of greedy stupid people wandered in the morning air.

When Jools returned, I was glad to walk back to the car and go home.

We get back, put some of the potted plants in the shed for the winter. We should have done this a couple of weeks ago, but you know. Time.

I made a brew then I made start on lunch: roast beef and all the trimmings. I season the beef, sprinkle with flour to make the outside crispy, then put it a hot oven to seal the outside before cooking for 20min.lb. An hour then. Pototoes are boiled and drained, vegetable prepared and the Yorkshipe Pudding batter mixed.

It all came together at half one, with the gravy being made with the beef juices and the stock I made a couple of weeks before.

And it was wonderful.

I made a huge amount of veg as we hadn't eaten that well since Thursday, and it all went well with the best gravy I have made.

Sunday roast All washed down by fizz, of course.

We were full. Darn full. So full we did not eat for over 20 hours, but did mean staying awake through the two football games difficult. The second on, Spurs beat Arsenal 2-0, though the Arse had more possession and play fancy football, but you get nothing for artistic interpretation on footy, Spurs two goals both from Arsenal attacks wot won it.

So it goes.

The evening slips away with me listening to Bev next door cheering each time Liverpool scored. She cheered four times.

Time for bed.

No comments: