Sunday 7 July 2024

Friday 5th July 2024

And so we made it to Friday, only I had seven audit reports to deliver to folks all around the world at two.

No pressure, then.

Up at five to check on the election results, just in time to see that Labour had just been declared winners with a majority in the Commons.

Tis meant the rest of the day would be easy.

I hoped.

After Jools left for yoga, I put the bins out and set up the office. No dilly dallying around, I needed to get on.

And come midday, I had most of it done, not as good as I would have liked, but presentable, and understandable, though with many sharp edges which I would normally have smoothed off.

Jools came home at two, just as the meeting started, she had to take the cats for their annual jabs.

I presented what I had evidence for, and was a bit unrelenting, I guess, but good to have it done and all wrapped up by quarter to three, so I could log of, pack away and have a brew.

At four I prepared a batch of fritters, all cooked by half past, time enough to eat them and a glass of beer, in time for the first game of the day: German v Spain, clash of the titans.

Silly Blanche But, not as good as expected, and a game that went to the 119th minute before Spain headed a winner meaning the hosts were out.

One hundred and eighty seven Twenty minutes later and France kicked off against Portugal, in another underwhelming game, which went all the way to penalties with few chances to brighten the evening. Eight great penalties before Portugal hit the post, and it was all over.

No comments: