Tuesday 30 July 2024

Monday 29th July 2024

And to Monday.

As a surprise, my colleague, one of two, is back from vacation a week earlier than I expected, so I will have someone to bleat to when the going gets tough.

Morning glory And summer is back, big time, with temperatures expecting to hit 25 degrees, though cooler here on the coast and up on the downs, even still, its gonna be hot.

Damn hot.

Like always, there's work, and that will keep me in the living room where its cool.

Two hundred and eleven I have stuff to do, so I plod on through the day, stopping for breakfast, lunch and sitting out on the patio until I feel my skin turn to crackling.

Back inside for more work. I would have gone for a walk, but frankly, it was too hot, so instead I watch butterflies from the patio and see lots of Gatekeepers, Large Whites, a fresh Small Tortoiseshell and the first Peacock of the summer. I get a distant shot, but it hears the shutter and flies off.

First peacock Of course, Jools is splashing in the evening, so no cooking, instead we have a brew before she goes out, as I have to prune the basil back, I have a surfeit of leaves, so make pesto for the whole street.

Thistles Not that surprising, fresh, home made pesto is so much better than the stuff in jars, I want to add it to some pasta just to try it.

St Bernardus Tripel But there is a pizza to share when Jools comes home, which I drizzle each slice with pesto, and its pretty darn good.

No comments: