Sunday 14 July 2024

Saturday 13th July 2024

39 years since Live Aid.

Back in the day, I used to be able to leap fast flowing streams, vault boulders the size of a house and so on and on. Now, I lay funny and my leg doesn't work for a week, or this time, I get up and strain my back.

Say it with Coke What can I say, I am old and various parts are either not working or faulty. I do get up to the soundtrack of groans and other noises. Joints click.

I am hopeful, writing this on Sunday, that as the pain eases, that I might have some pain free months, heck years now, after six months of knee, ankle and now back trouble.

We went to Tesco, and thoughts of what to do with the day. Well, I am not so focussed on orchids, butterflies and churches. Honestly. So, the going out for the sake of it times are gone.

Poppies We bought a week of supplies, back home for breakfast of fruit, and trips to the butcher and Boughton-under-Blean were cancelled.

Instead I did some chores in the house: cleaning the cooker, then cooking lunch before Le Tour started at half twelve.

Verbascum Scully and I sat on the sofa, tried to stay awake as the riders reached the mountains.

As soon as that was done, we go to Jen's for cards as the Wimbledon Women's final had finished, as Sylv is here for a month, so the Lords of Misrule reign.

Or Lady of Misrule.

John is there too, so we have wine and home-made pizza before we play cards, and with five playing it would take longer than with four, but that fifth being Sylv means it was nearly four hours before we were done.

One hundred and ninety five And with Jun's dining room chairs rock hard, did my back no favours, so we left to come home. Jools got the massager out and pummelled my back, and it did feel better.

No comments: