Wednesday 17 July 2024

Monday 15th July 2024

There is a promise of an actual summer coming later this week.

We shall see.

At least Monday morning dawned bright and sunny, though with the promise of rain later.

I had a stack of work to do, so going into the garden was something to be grabbed when I remembered.

One hundred and ninety seven I have not done such a large number of audits in such a short period, and to get details right takes time, but with the clock ticking on a presentation of the findings by the end of the week, there was no time to lose.

Astrantia As ever it does mean trying to make sense of my notes. Pages and pages of notes.

Sigh.

I was going to be doing this all week.

Not much else to report from the day, really, other than at the end I got called into a meeting with someone in the company who is not quite God, but knows God quite well, angry with my manager and I for work we have just done.

White shady flower Its not fun to be shouted out, doubly so when you've done nothing wrong, a chastening experience for sure, and a downbeat end to the working day.

Jools was off splashing by half six, so no dinner to cook, just make coffee and chat about our day, before she goes off to the leisure centre for her splashing about.

And that's about it. I stay home and eat pasties for dinner and watch some old Sky at Nights.

Jools comes home, we chat some more and off to bed as storm clouds gather over the French coast, and lightning flashes.

No comments: