Monday 8 July 2024

Sunday 7th July 2024

I did have some stuff planned for the day. Nothing urgent and that could not be put off, just as well as the weather was due to go quickly downhill, and indeed the rain arrived at half nine.

So we did not go out.

Instead, after coffee, breakfast, and more coffee, I did some cooking. Prepared buttermilk chicken to marinade, then make a batch of coriander chicken, which also required marinading for a few hours.

That done, I had a shower, and went back down to make lunch: buttermilk chicken coated and fried, baby new potatoes in butter, Hasselback potato each and fresh corn on the cob.

A fine lunch, eaten to the soundtrack of Desert Island Discs.

I had mentioned to my friend Tony in NZ that I had watched my first 20km of Le Tour on Thursday. He told me to make sure I watched Sunday's stage where there were 16 or so parts off roads on gravel tracks.

One hundred and eighty nine Which would make life interesting.

So, I spent the afternoon with Scully on the sofa, watching the race and the countryside roll by, nothing better really.

After supper of bacon butties, we got talking about holidays, and Jools asked the question about what was the name of the place we had our honeymoon in. So, half an hour of searching brought the name, we did an inquiry of whether they had vacancies.

In short. We're not going to France now, instead going to Tuscany at the very same place we did 16 years ago, and will spend the actual honeymoon there.

Quite how we're going to afford that and the big trip in the new year is another matter.

But we shall see.

1 comment:

nztony said...

Always happy to make an appearance on the blog. Sounds like my suggestion didn't disappoint.