Saturday 23 February 2019

Friday 22nd February 2019

Finally, its Friday. And the weather is looking marvellous not just for Friday but for the whole weekend. Had me dreaming and making plans for both days off.

A bird in the bush All I had to do was get through Friday....

We are both on diets: Jools is on a low calorie, low carb diet. She has shakes three times a day and a small meal on top of that. Only has enough milk allowance for one cup a day, saving the rest for a second cup on Saturdays and Sundays.

Fifty three I am trying to cut down, especially on carbs. I just have fruit for breakfast, something on toast for lunch, and a small dinner. But larger than Jools' mind.

Jools is dropping weight as you would expect. As for me, well, lost 4 lb last week. and hope things will carry on. I had no beer when away.

Bejewelled So, I make coffee, Jools has her shake and I have a tin of grapefruit segments, whilst listening to the Remaniacs podcast.

And before you know it, its time for work and first meeting of the day.

Lupins In truth, the day is a real struggle with things going from bad to worse. Another meeting after lunch which is the killer, and squeezes the last drop of enthhusiasm from me.

Crocus But before then, I had gone for a walk to the post office, to pick up what I thought was my new swipe card for work.

Sea mist was trying to roll in, but was gloriously sunny when I set off.

Tete a tete I take some shots of the bank at the top of Station Road, all planted with dwarf daffs and crocus, and looking wonderful in the bright sunshine. I take shots.

But down the dip, the mist gets thicker, and by the time I make it up into the village, it is thick as guts, as my old Dad would have said. Visibility was down to twenty yards, and cold.

A misty walk to the Post Office I go to the post office and am handed two huge boxes.

More workwear.

Thing is, when I tried to order some t shirts and coats, there was an error is the system. So I had to get IT to fix that, and when they did, I went back and did another order. Thought nothing of it.

A misty walk to the Post Office But, it seems the original order went through as well. So I have twenty t shirts, two pilot jackets, two day glo fleeces, a huge winter coat. I have ten t shirts, some shirts, a coat and a pair of safety boots to carry back home.

Bugger.

So, I manage to squeeze all the stuff in one box, and is manageable.

But it is a struggle up the hill to our street, my back letting me know how much it didn't like that.

But at three, the week is done. I switch the laptop off, pack everything away. And go to the sofa to find something to fill my brain with other than WTG parts.

Jools come home at half three, we have coffee and swap news.

Not much else to report. Just a simple dinner to prepare. I cook curried chicken for Jools, and make an omelette for myself. No carbs.

Good boy, Jelltex.

We watch Grand Tours of the Scottish Lochs, with a visit to Loch Maree featured, a place I visited with my family in 1974 when we had two week on a coach tour of the Highlands. Just as I remember it.

Jools is pooped, so we will save Monty in Japan for another night. I listen to the Friday football before I too give up and go to bed.

No comments: