Thursday 21 February 2019

Wednesday 20th February 2019

After a fairly late night watching football, I did not set my alarm, and so rose at seven, had a shower, checked the interwebs and dressed before going down for breakfast and then driving the short distance to the yard/office.

Oddly, I had little planned for the day, just sure as eggs is eggs that it would fill up with meetings.

But on arrival I was told I had missed the working breakfast that happens every Wednesday, but they had saved me a cinnamon bun. I'd save that for lunch. I said.

So, up the find a desk and then deal with the issues of the day.

Thing about being back at the yard is that not only do I see colleagues I have not seen in two years, I see friends I have not seen for two years. It really is a joy to see them, and they seem happy enough to see me, which is nice.

Better than nice.

I have no idea how you eat a cinnamon swirl without being covered in sticky stuff. Man v one large bun, and although I won, it covered my face and hands with sugar and icing.

I walk the yard in the morning, looking at the towers for the project that have arrived. All mine. For this project the turbines have grown somewhat, so they are now bigger than huge. Huger.

It is just amazing really, that we can take these monsters and just stick them in the sea.

But we do.

And they have gone from being 3MW ten years ago to over 9MW now, and will get bigger and more powerful.

And then meetings all afternoon, and I am pooped.

So, at four I go back to the hotel, driving in the heavy drizzle that brought dusk early, so from my room I could look out over the red tiled roofs of the town as darkness fell.

Fifty one I could go for a walk to find somewhere nice to eat, or I could eat in the hotel.

Hotel won.

So, I ordered burger and fries along with a diet coke. And in the end could not finish it all, so maybe I am learning to eat less?

One hopes so.

And that was it. I had work to do, but I could not be bothered. watch more football before turning in, and will have just over six hours sleep before it is gezome time.

No comments: