Friday 8 February 2019

Wednesday 6th February 2019

I woke up with plenty of time before the start of the inspection.

I had time for a shower.

A look round some of the internet.

Get dressed, pack.

Check out.

Have breakfast.

Then walk to the car, program the factory into the sat nav and pull out onto the busy city centre roads.

Sat navs are clearly one of the great modern inventions, enabling us to find our way round with little or no trouble. Some are a little different, especially the built in ones, and so it proved.

The sat nav said there was a left turn ahead, so I got in the left hand lane as most traffic was turning right. This was a sign. The sign the sat nav was wrong. It chirped, unhelpfully, that I should take the next turning right.

It was full of cars.

So I went on, and each right turn was blocked because of roadworks. The 28 minute drive was now going to be 35, and getting longer as I drove in the wrong direction.

But I managed to turn right, under the main railway line near to the station, then through a maze of narrow streets onto the main road to where the factory was, some 15km away. I was going to make it in time.

From there the road ran pretty straight to the old dockyards at Munkebo, where I could park the car outside and wait for the others to arrive.

We all know each other now, so we wave as they arrive, then walk down in a big group to the offices where the dancing would begin. Dancing is an euphemism for meetings and negotiations.

The dancing lasted seven hours.

But at three It was agreed that was all there was for the day, so we all shook hands and walked back to our cars, and for me to drive to Esbjerg, as that's where the next focus of the project will be.

Along still to be busy motorways, over the grand suspension bridge at Middlefart onto Jutland, and then due east along the motoways, into banks of fog and mist that was making the drive, interesting.

I arrive at dusk, park opposite the Scandic and go to check in.

Like I've never been away.

I do some work, then wander out to find dinner. The beer shops was closed, and the 70s boutique with lady manequins with odd fitting wigs, Josefine, had closed down. The posse had left the building.

Thirty seven I went to Dronning Louise for a beer and a bite to eat. They had Westmalle Dubbel on draft, which went well with a huge plate of nachos. I have a second beer to keep the first company and I agree that things were better now.

I wandered back to the hotel, down the near empty main street back to the hotel and go to my room, lay down and snooze for an hour or so.

There is football on TV, Citeh v Everton, but its not that good, though Citeh scramble two goals in to return to the top of the league. I manage to stay awake to the end, then switch of the lights and fall into a cough broken slumber,

No comments: