Wednesday 27 February 2019

Tuesday 26th February 2019

The all time winter temperature for the UK was broken on Monday. And then beaten on Tuesday by over a degree.

These are not normal events. Although Tuesday was sunny here, it was cool, cold even. But away from the coast, it was warm. Heck, even hot. I spoke my my friend, former Olympian, Tony in NZ, and we had it warmer here in winter than they had in summer down there.

This might be only temporary, but still, being warm enough to get sunburnt, in February, is not normal.

But as I said, Tuesday might have been sunny, but was cool. Cold even, and in the afternoon, I left the back door open, the temperature in the house dropped, apparently to near freezing, and took several hours for me to warm up. I mean, it looked warm.

We have meetings, there are phone calls, and the day slips though my fingers, too quickly and too cold to go outside for a walk. Although the sun in the back garden, now with the sun getting higher in the sky each passing day, made it look, if not feel, much later in the year than it was.

I have the last of the cheddar as I make yet more toasted cheese sandwiches, I mean how did I go so long without having them?

I then have jam and crisp sandwiches later, as I had the toasties too early in the day, as I bite into the first sandwich, the doorbell goes, and my old mate Gary is standing there, ready to talk about photography and shit.

So, we sit on the patio, though its not really war enough. But as we sit there, Goldfinches and Greenfinches come to eat at the feeder a couple of metres away. We really are spoiled.

It is good to meet up again, and I will try harder to see him more, but life and work, you know.

Fifty seven He leaves after nearly an hour, and I catch up on mails, and it turns out that is it for the day as far as work is concerned.

Dinner is, for me, warmed up sausagemeat pie and more Boston Beans, while Jools has salmon and salad.

We each are doing our best.

I listen to the football in the evening, and Leeds lose at QPR, meaning Norwich are still top of the league, and just 12 games to go. Close, but more than enough games to screw things up.

No comments: