Friday 8 February 2019

Tuesday 5th February 2019

And back to work, meetings and more meetings.

Well, inspections, which is a kind of meeting. One where you’re trapped in a room and quizzed by the customer and contractor, and there is no escape, no amount of coffee or pretending you have a call to make is enough.

So, I get up, check out, have breakfast, pack and load the car up, then drive though the deserted streets of downtown Nakskov to the factory, where the players are already gathering.

We chat nicely before hand, but once in the glass-sided meeting room, the gloves come off and it’s a hard slog for hours.

And at half four we are done, just so we missed the earlier ferry, but more than enough time to drive to the terminal in the gathering gloom for a half hour wait.

Saying that, sitting in the car looking towards the linkspan, the clouds cleared and we were treated to a fine sunset and the actual rain stopped.

Thirty six Which was nice.

I would be in the hotel for seven, early enough to have dinner, so I don’t have dinner on the ferry, instead I have an ice cream, because I wanted an ice cream, and being an adult if I want one I can have it. So I do.

And I eat that reading more of the Billy Connolly book, which was good.

And from the other terminal, it was an hour to the hotel, leaping from low island to low island on low bridges, as each island got bigger.

Thankfully, the sat nav guided me into the city centre, along twisty narrow streets and other wide boulevards being dug up for more tram lines I suspect.

I was happy to arrive.

And I go straight down to the restaurant as soon as I checked in, as it was nearly eight, and feast on salad followed by lamb shank, which was probably boil in the bag, but OK.

The beer less so.

But, two days down, three more to go before the weekend.

No comments: