Tuesday 26 February 2019

Monday 25th February 2019

A year ago, Britain was in the grip of the so-called Beast from the East, a real blast of Arctic weather, so cold and dry it desiccated plants in the garden, making us need to have the heating on 24 hours a day.

This year we have twenty degree temperatures, wall to wall sunshine, and already snowdrops beginning to go over.

But it is Monday, and I am stuck at home with work to do.

As is the way.

After drinking coffee I watch the previous day's MOTD, then prepare for the day ahead by having breakfast and a cuppa.

Crocus Now then on such a fine day, what could possibly go wrong?

I had to ask, didn't I?

And so the day progressed with meeting, planned an unplanned. Eating up the time I had allocated for actual work.

Crocus I did get my travel expenses done though. Much scanning and e mailing.

Lunch is served early, toasted cheese sandwiches, which was glorious, but probably at the time I should have something else to eat.

But not today.

A return to the Dip At the end of the afternoon, I put on my walking boots, grab my camera and go for a short walk.

Out walking over the fields, its clearly not as warm as it looked, or felt in the back garden. We are near the coast here, so would be cooler. I did wish I had worn a coat.

A return to the Dip Not many flowers out, or much new anyway. Over in the copse, the pigs are pleased to see me, but disappointed when they realise I have no food for them, and they squeal sadly as I walk down towards the Dip.

A return to the Dip I stop at the top of the slope, looking down at the water and mud at the bottom. Probably could get through, but my back says, not today.

I walk back home, treat myself to a fresh brew and wrap up the last few tasks of the day.

A return to the Dip And I am done. I prepare dinner, make a sausagemeat pie for me, in puff pastry. I even make pastry leaves to decorate the top.

Sausage pie It looks wonderful, and is all mine, though I will eat it over two nights, and I make the rest of the meal Boston beans.

Mmmm, beans.

And it is good, with lashings of ketchup. And a huge brew.

Lovely.

And I lost four more pounds this week, not as drastic as Jools', but more enjoyable, which has not gone un-noticed.

Only Connect is on at eight, and after watching that, it is bed time, as we go to bead ever earlier, and wake up earlier too.

No comments: