Friday 15 February 2019

Thursday 14th February 2019

And here we are again.

If anything the day was to be even better weather-wise than the rest of the week, and needing an excuse to get out of the house, I had a plan.

I got sent a mail from the Department of Transport stating that we should all consider getting an International Driving Permit so we could carry on driving if we needed to. I need to show my licence when I hire a car, so I had better get one. And the local post office is just up the hill in the village.

So, once the round of meetings was over, I would go out for a walk.

And not only was it sunny, it was very nearly warm. I even saw bees out seeking the early spring flowers. And at the end of the street, the corner house had most of their daffs in bloom already.

Forty five And then down the hill, past the new house at the bottom, which is pretty much done, but the garden is still a mass of weeds. Down beside the path there is usually a plethora of wild flowers, but at this time of the year, just a single Shepherd’s Purse gone to seed.

I labour up the other side into the village, walking past the shop to the small post office. And they don’t do driving licences, so it was a busted trip.

So, nothing else to do but turn round to walk back home, and not calling in the shop for an ice cream because, you know, diet.

Back down the hill and up the other side to home. Well, that was a fine half hour and I got some fine fresh air.

Twins in the sun So, it was back to work, and yet more meetings. And so it was until the end of the day.

Jools comes home, now feeling the strain after four working days, early mornings and cat-broken sleep at nights.

I have fish cakes and more couscous, I make paprika chicken for Jools.

And that is it.

We listen to Marc Riley on the wireless until it was nine, and then we called it a day, and raced the cats up the stairs.

As you do.

No comments: