Thursday 21 February 2019

Monday 18th February 2019

Monday.

And, well, you know the score.

Back to work, up at six, make coffee, have fruit and try to ignore the hunger pangs until it is at least gone nine, meaning it’s ten in DK, I mean if they can have lunch, I can.

Right?

But then there’s toasted cheese sandwiches.

I had one in Folkestone on Sunday, and it was great. My stomach said more of that action, daddio.

We have no sandwich toaster, and grilling it would not work. But, I thought, I could fry the sandwich in a little melted butter, press down with the fish slice, and make a fried toasted cheese sandwich. But, would it work.

Yes it would!

Oh my lord, toasted cheese sandwich heaven. Only, I ate it at half nine, meaning that by one I was hungry again.

So I make another one, and make holes in the bread so the cheese could leak out and be all crispy.

Hole in one!

Bing. Then the feelings of guilt as I had eaten twice in the day.

And then there was work.

Always the same, mails, meetings, arguments, shouting. Rinse and repeat.

Forty nine And outside the day was cloudy, light drizzle fell and I was struggling for the shot of the day until it brightend up later and I was able to snap one of the small flowers in what we used to call our lawn, and I ID’d it as Field Speedwell.

Nice.

Jools returned home and I cooked some unidentifiable white meat out of the freezer that has some kind of spice on it. Must have been a couple of years old. Came out OK and I’m still here. So, no harm done.

For the evening there was Only Connect and FA Cup football, Only Connect was better, and then Utd (Man) dumped Chelski out of the cup. It’s a Sari business.

No comments: