Friday 1 February 2019

Thursday 31st January 2019

We woke up to see a marvel of heavenly movement, the old crescent mood, Venus and Jupiter all within a few degrees of each other, away to the south and perfect for viewing from the back windows of the house.

Thirty one Outside it is freezing cold, but I grab my camera and bean bag to snap shot of the three heavenly bodies before rushing back in. Jools had already snapped it.

But, as always, the working day beckons. I thought I could just have enough tome to watch the footy I had set up to record, but the box failed me. So no footy to watch, until it appears on the i player on Friday. This did not improve my mood.

Red lined clouds So, with the new computer, I have logged into all my old accounts, and can listen to radio shows again, so instead of watching football, I listen to music.

And on with the meetings, first one at eight, then another at nine, another at ten.

Time for lunch.

I had a day of activities planned, but meetings and urgent mails meant that at one, I could actually start on the work I planned.

My enthusiasm was running low.

And the cats just sleep all day. No snow, but very cold, and the hoar frost doesn't melt. So they lay sleeping on their favourite locations around the house, and outside the birds search for food without having to worry about being hunted by the terrible twins.

I prepare breaded chicken for dinner, with some curried rice. All good stuff and flavoursome too. Jools gets home just before the forecast said the heavy snow would start falling.

But it is nearly ten before it does, and then we only get a dusting. I spend the evening following the transfer deadline day "news" as it is, so the final day of January slipped away.

No comments: