Saturday 29 June 2019

Friday 28th June 2019

End of the week.

Yay.

Nearly.

Lilly And, if the forecast was to be believed, the weather was to break and we were to have sunshine. And warmth.

At half five, that seemed unlikely, as it was grey and cool. Jools was up and about extra early, as she had a yoga class at half six. So, after coffee and a shower, she was gone by quarter past, leaving me with, well the house and cats.

Lilly And my inbox to sort out.

So, from eight I ploughed on, sorting and downloading documents, checking databases to make sure information got stored. A job that should have been done months ago, but there wasn't time.

Lilly Six hours I worked, filing and shorting.

Outside, just after ten, the clouds began to clear, though the breeze continued to blow a breeze. The sun came out and it got warm. Later it go near to what you could call hot.

One hundred and seventy nine Meanwhile, In France, its people roasts. Yesterday was the hottest day there on record, 45.9 degrees. The previous record had been set in the traditional hot month of August. But it is still June.

The heat is spreading north, and will get in Saturday.

At three I am done. Jools has finished too, but is at the dentist having a crown fitted, or the modern version of a crown, anyway. So I take myself for a walk.

Mad dogs and Jelltex The chiropractor told me I need to walk 20 minutes a day, so I go out, taking my cameras with me.

I hadn't planned to go far, just over the fields to Fleet House, check on the pigs and butterflies, then down the hill halfway up to Windy Ridge, then double back home along the long lane.

Mad dogs and Jelltex Which is what I did.

Any my back did grumble, which is why I turned for home after no more than half an hour.

Mad dogs and Jelltex It was indeed hot at four in the afternoon.

Mad dogs and Jelltex The ground is hard as concrete, but still there is mud in places from the storms earlier in the week, but they are drying out quick.

In the hedgerows there are flowers, not a huge variety, but enough. And there are Painted Ladies everywhere. These beautiful butterflies migrate up from North Africa, and in a good year, of which this is one, there can be dozens or hundreds seen.

Mad dogs and Jelltex From there it was a bit of a slog back to the house, where upon getting inside I made myself a pint of iced squash and sat in the shade to cool down. It was now too hot even for cats to be demanding food.

Mad dogs and Jelltex Jools arrived home at twenty to five, temporary crown in place, and smiling.



Dinner was lamb burger and squash, as I had no beer cold. More fool me.

We then go out to check on the local population of Bee Orchids, I thought there was an unusual one to snap. But I was wong, just the regular shaped and patterned ones to see.

An evening bee But still glorious.

Jools said she wanted an ice cream, so the best place would be the parlour in Deal, so avoiding the traffic lights in Walmer, we drive up to Sandwich and into town, where upon arriving at seven, we find the place had been closed for an hour already.

We drive home, stopping off in Walmer at the garage for Magnums, which we eat on the drive home, getting back in time for Monty.

Of course.

No comments: