Sunday 9 June 2019

Saturday 8th June 2019

Saturday.

Day of rest.

We had an unusual summer storm due to sweep though during the day, with a mixture of sunny intervals and heavy showers along with the strong winds. But we had arranged to have our friends, Tracie and Wayne, over for lunch and for Wayne and I to drink some beers.

And for the occasion, I had ordered a crown of lamb, thats three racks joined together.

Its a king among dinners.

So, after breakfast, we drove to Preston to collect the crown, heavy rain made the lanes between Ash and Preston partly flooded, and tricky to get through, but we had to get the meat.

Already the wind was building, so we turned round and went back home, me to prepare the jewelled fruit stuffing, which took the best part of an hour, but the mixture of fruit and spices was wonderful. I also made a stock for the sauce, and whilst that brewed, I pottered around, checking that there were enough beers in the fridge.

Mango Mussolini They arrived at half twelve; Wayne and I began with an IPA, then went onto the special beer.

Ola Dubh 10th Anniversary Meanwhile, I put the crown into cook.

The Historical Ale 2017 When it was cooked, I cooked some asparagus in butter, some stir fry, and fresh new potatoes.

One hundred and fifty eight And more beer.

Fullers Reserve No. 5 It was stunning, the sauce I made with more of last year's loganberries, which went well with the lamb.

Afterwards, we drank more beer, played music, drank more beer, played more music.

Until we ran out of beer, and Tracie dragged Wayne to the car.

Where did the day go?

Where did my memory go?

Who am I? Good night

2 comments:

nztony said...

Flip my personal heck, you must have been hammered after that.
And ..... that guy was sitting in "my chair!"

jelltex said...

Here's the rub: there were more beers than that too! A huge bottle of 12% Belgian stuff, and a bottle each of Tripel.

Its not easy having fun