Friday 28 June 2019

Mum out of hospital

I have now lost track of how many times Mum has been admitted and released from hospital this year.

Even this month.

Now, I know many people who have lost their mothers, and would give anything to spend another day with them, if they could. So the fact I have not seen mine for a year now can take some explaining.

Not that I do.

We all have lived our lives, and no one else can experience that, or understand why we are the way we are.

We just are.

I told Mum I was glad she was out. She said that she was up and about.

Thing is, I said, your natural response to any question is to lie, so if you are walking, then fine. If not, you are just lying to yourself.

If you don't change, I said, you would end up in a home. Each cigarette takes 5 minutes off your life, and proof you're not taking your health seriously.

Do better, or not, the choice is yours, and the price of not changing will be death.

No comments: