Friday 7 June 2019

Wednesday 5th June 2019

Bank Holiday (Denmark)

There are a lot of bank holidays in Denmark in the spring. Easter, Whitsun, this was constitution Day (when they vote, apparently) and next week is Ascension Day. And I sure there is another one or two I have missed.

I only mention this because only essential work is carried out, and all blue collar and most white collar workers have the day off.

But I am British, working for the British arm of the country, so I work as normal. I say normal.....

Anyway, it means that there will be few mails and calls meaning I could really catch up on my backlog of work.

I sleep well again, get up, have a shower and after dressing, down for breakfast and find few people eating already.

Being a holiday, there is little traffic on the roads, and parking at the office was a doddle. And then there was the pick of desks. I'll take the one by the window.

And I get down to work.

The morning passes.

The afternoon passes.

And shortly before four, I complete my review, having sent off for more information where needed.

So, I treated myself to an early stack, go back to the hotel and retire to lay on my bed, having secured a huge glass of Coke.

One hundred and fifty five I had arranged to meet Tim at seven for dinner in the Posthuis, I even booked a table. But it seems that the Danes don't like sitting in the shade, so the tables outside were empty, we take one and order huge beers and I have the Kobe version of pork. Not sure what that means, but it is good.

THere are the usual mix of folks walking by, more than enough to keep me distracted.

Back to the hotel to watch the football, now really coming to the end of the season, or is it the start of next season? Portugal v Switzerland. The hosts win 3-1.

I go to bed, for tomorrow I return to Blighty.

No comments: