Sunday 2 June 2019

Further Mum update

There are time when I wish that 2019 wasn't as full on as it is.

But it is, what it is.

So, onwards.

Jools spent the whole of Saturday, driving up through Kent, Essex and Suffolk to visit Mum at James Paget Hospital. To talk to Mum face to face, to see if Mum really understands where she is.

The answers are mixed.

Mum only smokes when her carers leave her two cigarettes by her chair when they visit. In short, waling into the kitchen to get an extra gasper is now beyond her.

As is taking out her rubbish.

When asked what she wanted, Mum answered a magic wand to make things better. But this is ignoring the fact she is her through her own actions, and her actions is the only thing that can change things.

So, Pat, what are you going to do?

Move more.

Whether she means it, or just says it to make things seem better.

Who knows?

Or cares?

Not me.

Her life is really in the balance now, either she takes things seriously, or she will have to move into her home, and maybe run the risk of losing her legs, as smoking with diabetes is a very bad thing.

I am now done with her. Even more so than before. Emotionally, she is dead to me. My own Mother. My only surviving blood relative.

Says it all.

I am not going to take any actions when she fails to take any of her own.

I wish she is going to change, but I have been waiting for 23 years for change, and it aint here yet.

No comments: