Thursday 20 June 2019

Wednesday 19th June 2019

Time to leave Aarhus.

I like it here, I mean I have friends here, god places to eat and drink.

And in the Comwell it is like being on holiday, staying in real luxury. But, back to normal, and after checking out and breakfast, a 90 minute drive south to Esbjerg.

The restaurant is full, but I find a table and have rhubarb and yoghurt again before having a roll and nutella and more coffee,.

Yummy.

I go down to the car, load up and drive out of the car park, turn right on the main road out of the city, but miss the turning to the motorway, and end up at the huge marina full of rich men's playthings.

I find a place to turn round, drive back and turn left onto the road that would soon become a motorway, and then south to Kolding.

Aarhus is notorious for traffic. It is the second city of Denmark, and the new tramline hardly makes a difference. All roads into the city get jammed, and it is bad even if you are going the opposite way. Anyway, half an hour down the road and I am passing by Vejle where it is rush hour there too.

Past that and due west towards Esbjerg, a 40 minute blast at 90 mph, in bright warm sunshine.

I reach the office just past half eight, and settle down to work, like I've never been gone.

Being a Wednesday, it is "cake" day, and there are huge Danish pastries on offer on a first come first served basis. I get mine which I save for lunch.

I work though, and in gaps try to convince people that they should really come out for dinner and beer that night. They all turn me down.

During the afternoon, a huge stome covers the sky, and turns day into night, and the forecast is for much, much more.

At five I go back home, and stand at the room window looking at thunderheads forming to the north, with the promise of fireworks later in the evening.

One hundred and sixty nine A promise that never came true. I heard on Thursday tales of hailstone the size of golfballs, but we saw none.

I decided to stay in the hotel to eat, I have the special, which was pulled pork burger, and a beer.

Lovely.

The evening had the promise of storms, but none came. I watched some under 21 footy, and went tot bed early.

Which wan't a bad thing.

No comments: