Friday 21 June 2019

Thursday 20th June 2019

Another day in Esnjerg.

But this is work.

The Scandic is OK.

Not spectacular, like the Comwell, but has good beds, is fairly quiet, and the burger on the menu is always a great fallback.

One hundred and seventy Carpets would be nice, but with multi-channel TV, there is always something to watch, as long as they have subtitles.

Breakfast is good too, lots of choice, lots of coffee and healthy options too. And they serve from 06:00, meaning on days I leave for the airport, I can eat before i leave.

But that is for Friday; Thursday is a work day, so after showering, getting dressed, I go down for breakfast, and even remember to get a sandwich for lunch too, so I won't starve.

The installation vessel is in for the 3rd time, its legs standing taller than the turbine towers. And amazing this really, and this is a normal thing for me to see, but still, seeing a huge ship lift itself out of the water is a fantastic feat of engineering.

The final blades are being loaded, and it will sail before lunch, and I have more catching up to do, more meetings, but less high pressure now.

Which is nice.

I have lunch, take more calls and deal with issues, but not the high pressure ones now.

At five, I drive back to the hotel, I have an hour to kill before I meet the guys from the quality team for dinner at the Posthouse.

I walk up the main street to the square to find my old minion, Jesper Bak waiting. Soon come along Peter and Henrik, so the party is complete.

Inside we order beers, toast our luck and the future for Peter as his contract is not being renewed.

We order the meatlovers menu for four, and wait for the fine food to be served: Danish tapas followed by meat. Lots of meat. And asparagus, which is not meat.

And that is that, another week done, two beers and my mouth is running away with itself, just as well everyone else has work in the morning, so that I have to walk back to the hotel to relax, call Jools and listen to some radio.

Nearly time to go home

No comments: