Saturday 1 June 2019

Friday 31st May 2019

Last day of May.

The month, not the PM.

Just clarification.

Anyway, here I am in Denmark, and each day I am a little less further intertwined with the project. But Friday, I get to meet my replacement. And tell him all I know.

Not all I know, cos that would take ages, but about the project.

I get up at six, have a shower and am in the breakfast, er, room? Bar? Restaurant? Space?

I have no idea. but I have yoghurt and fruit, and a roll stuffed with home-made nutella. Not home made, but made by one of the chefs. Or just spooned out of the jar. Probably.

And with there having been no police incident overnight, I was able to get to the car for the drive to the port, park in one of the VIP spaces, so have a short walk to sign in, grab a desk by the window, and look out on what was my empire.

I am glad to not be a part of it. For the most part. But letting others down is hard to bear, but they are nice about it.

So, i get down to work, wait for Glen to arrive, then I can spill the beans. As it were.

What about the beans? nothing.

This is the day we have been working towards for 25 months, the loadout of the first turbines, just getting everything just right.

I help in small ways.

In truth, we have all worked so hard to get here, and when the green light was given to start loading, we should have had some champagne, but we just went back to our hotels for an early night. Some went back to the yard at midinight to see the first components loaded, I stayed in the hotel.

Not before I went out for dinner, managed to get a table and have another burger, but that was the first thing I had eaten in 12 hours.

One hundred and fifty Nomnomnom.

I wandered around, wondering what the two stages had been set up for.

Me and my big mouth.

Not one, but two music festivals, and my hotel was in the middle, so I could hear both stages. Even with earplugs in. Even wth my head under the pillow. Two pillows. And window closed.

No man should hear a cod reggae version of Hungry Heart. Not at 120 db. I manage to block out most of it, and drop off some time before midnight, the music, Europop, carried on.

No comments: