Thursday 13 June 2019

Wednesday 12th June 2019

Mum update.

Word came early in the day that Mum had been released from hospital, but as I went to bed, Jools called to say she had been re-admitted, Mum having no feelings in her legs and unable to stand.

Or that's the story.

I mean, who knows?

She calls her cleaner to do all sorts of odd jobs and visit when she's in hospital, forgetting Sheila has a family, life and other people to look after. We are all getting very fed up now.

It feels we are coming to a crossroads, but with most options being difficult ones, at least for Mum.

For us, life goes on, as we have to work to pay our bills.

But before the evening news, there was work. Always work.

I get up, shower and get ready for work, have breakfast downstairs, eating just fruit and yoghurt before driving in overcast and gloomy conditions to the port, only to find my ex box, and ex minion, had stolen my desk.

Bugger.

But I get another, settle down to work, and away we go.

And, now I am off the front line, I can really start dealing with issues I should have dealt with months ago.

The cloud gets thicker, but the promised rain and thunder did not arrive.

Until the evening, when from my 6th floor room, just below cloud level, thunder and lightning rolled round, and rain ran down the windows like rivers.

One hundred and sixty two I had eaten in the hotel again: burger, fries and beer.

Eaten at half five as I had not had anything since breakfast. And that was that, just watch three hours of some American TV about pawn dealers, and the day was done.

No comments: